Wishlists User Guide
Our wishlists functionality allows you to add items to a wishlist. You can create multiple wishlists, control the sharing visibility of those lists, and choose to share any list via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Email.
Adding Items to a List
To add an item to a Wishlist click on the Add to My List button. If you do not have a wishlist already one will automatically be created for you and the item will be added to it. If you already have a list you will be shown a popup which allows you to select which list you would like to add the item to. If you want to add the item to a new Wishlist, you can choose to create a new wishlist and add the item all in one step.
If you are not logged in your list will be created as a temporary list. Temporary lists are based on cookies and will be available only on the same computer and browser you used when the item was created. If you clear your cookies or the cookie has expired, your list will no longer be accessible. If you do add items to a temporary list you can always register later and the lists will automatically saved to your account. Once a list has been saved to your account, it will remain until you delete it.
View and Manage Lists
You can view and manage your lists from two different sections of the site. You can navigate to the “Wishlists” page and access all your lists. If you are logged into your account on the site you will see the wishlists available from your “My Account” page.
Editing a List
To edit a list you have already created, click on the title of the list. This will bring you to the “Manage List Page”.
From this page you can view and manage the items in your list, and change the sharing and basic Wishlist information.
On the List Items tab you will see a list of items you have previously added to your list and a set of actions you can perform on those items. To apply an action to item(s) in your list, check the item(s), select the action from the drop down menu and click Apply Action. Your selected action will be applied to each item you selected. Check the top checkbox to select all items at once.
The actions available to you are:
- Buy Product
- Update Quantities -This will update the quantities for the selected items. Be sure to change the quantity on the individual line items by adjusting the Quantity field.
- Remove From List – This will remove the selected items from your list.
- Create a New List – This action will take you to the create a list screen. After you create a new list, the items you previously selected will be added to the list and removed from the original.
On the settings tab you will have options for editing the list itself. You can choose the privacy of your list and update the title, name and email associated with the list.
- Title – This sets the title of your list.
- Description – Add a description if you would like. Other will see this when viewing your public or shared list.
- Privacy Settings
- Public – Anyone can search for and see the list. Users will be able to search for your list using the name and email you provide.
- Shared – Only people with the link you share will be able to see the list. The list will not appear in search results.
- Private – The list is only viewable by you and can not be shared with others and will not appear in search results.
- First Name, Last Name – Your first and lat name and Email Associated with the List
- Email Address – Your email associated with the List
Enter in the appropriate information if you are creating a public list or plan to share you list with others. Others will be able to find public lists by searching for the information you enter here.
Additional Information on Creating Baby Lists
What to Buy for Baby is not intended to be online shopping mall with thousands of product listings in each category, leaving you bewildered by the array of choice and with a mountain of research in front of you. Instead, What to Buy for Baby offers you only a selection of the best currently available product in each category – giving you a precise overview of what, when and how many you need of each item and telling you what is:
- Highly Recommended
If, like most mothers, you are looking for the full list of items you need to buy and a tool to help you manage this process, What to Buy for Baby should be used as a shopping list or checklist. Just start at the top of the product category list on our Shop page (Pregnancy Guides) and proceed down the categories, which themselves proceed chronologically from the start of your pregancy through your baby’s first 12 months of life. Examine as many of our product listings as necessary before deciding on what to purchase. Categories include
- Pregnancy & Childbirth Guides
- Pregnancy Health & Beauty
- Maternity Clothes
- Stem Cells
- Baby and Child Care Guides
- Prams, Pushchairs and Travel Systems
- Car Seats
- Baby Carriers
- Changing Bags
- Nursery Accessories
- Changing Station Equipment
- Safety Equipment
- Baby Clothing
- Breast and Bottle Feeding
- Toys, Activity & Learning
- Baby Grooming
- Baby Health & First Aid
- Postnatal Care for Mother
If you are looking for recommendations on the best items in a particular product category (not just the obvious things like pushchairs, baby clothes, toys, bouncers or car seats but the best in nappies, thermometers or baby sleep aids ), What to Buy for Baby offers excellent in-depth reviews while the unique product classification system offers great value to mothers-to-be – particularly those who are searching for products that meet specific criteria for their parenting or life style. Such attributes include but are not limited to:
- Organic Products
- Worth Its Weight in Gold
- Mother’s Favourites
- Father’s Favourites
- Good for Type A parents
- Good for Attachment Parenting
- Good for the Outdoors
- Good for the Space Constrained (for city dwellers)
- Good for Tight Budgets
- Good for Trendy Types
- High End Luxury items
- High Quality at Affordable Price items
- Mother and Baby Award winners
- Practical Parenting and Pregnancy Award winners
- Baby Sleep Aids
- Breastfeeding and Nursing Support
- Colic Relief
Good luck, and please don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you require assistance or have suggestions!